Museum für Schwarzburgische Geschichte
Museum of Schwarzburgian History

About the background of the counts of Schwarzburg

The exhibition at the north wing of Heidecksburg palace dates back to the Local Antiquity Museum founded in 1908 that was integrated into the collections of the Thuringian State Museum Heidecksburg in 1950.

The exhibition informs about the early settlements around Rudolstadt as well as about the history of the city and its residence palace until the 19th century. It also presents the most important palaces, towns and foundations of monasteries by the counts of Schwarzburg. The development of the residence especially after the ennoblement of the counts in 1710 and consequently the beginning heyday of the residence culture reaching far beyond the borders of Thuringia is especially taken into consideration.

 

 


More about the Museum of Schwarzburgian History

 

See also
© 2009-2018   Thuringian State Museum Heidecksburg Schlossbezirk 1 07407 Rudolstadt